Search Knowledge Base by Keyword
Most common mistakes when importing data.
When uploading your Monthly data please be aware of these mistakes:
- Both .xlsx and .csv files are supported. It is recommended to use an .xlsx file
- Check the date format. Please download a sample file and use it for your data or check the date format used in the sample file.
- Use comma as decimal point
- Your number must be in percentages
When uploading your Daily data please be aware of these mistakes:
- Only .csv files are supported for single program import. Both .xlsx and .csv are supported for mass import.
- If you need to convert .txt file into .csv, we recommend using OpenOffice Calc. When using Microsoft Excel, additional characters may be added to the file making it an incorrect format. These characters can be removed using simple text editor.
- Single program – select the date format and item separator you want to use (for further instructions, please see our video How to properly set the file format for uploading daily data)
- It’s better to set up dot as a decimal point in Excel . Go to Options – Advanced – Decimal separator
- Use dot as decimal point
- Be awared of mistakes in data in a row
- Try to open your file in a simple text editor and check if there is not an empty space at the end of the row, if so, delete it and save your file, then import.
- If you want to remove % from the file (Daily data are in format of numbers, not percentages), use in Excel function Find & Select, find percentages and Replace it for empty space.
When you uploading your AUM please be aware of these mistakes:
- Your file must be in .csv format
- Your numbers must be transposed in a row
- Add an inception date at the begining of the file
- Try to open your file in a simple text editor and check if there is not an empty space at the end of the row, if so, delete it and save your file, then import. (for further instructions, please see our video tutorial)